A. Tron-Radomska, PhD student
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
RTHE ACTIVITY OF THE UKRAINIAN CENTRAL COMMITTEE FOR THE ORGANIZATION OF CAMPS FOR THE FOSTERING OF YOUTH
The activity of the Ukrainian Central Committee in the General Government in the field of organization of camps for the fostering of youth is analyzed. The classification of varieties of camps and their structure, living conditions and sanitary requirements are presented. All the main educational directions of work in youth centers are considered. It is underlined that special attention of the camp program was paid to the sport and, in particular, traveling with hiking in the mountains and mapping. Competitions for the "Award for Physical Skillfulness" and sport tournaments regularly were held. The means of national-social education, based on Ukrainian studies, were discussions, lectures, firesides. Thanks to professional training, each participant got initial information from some areas of practical knowledge (agricultural education, building, care of patients, carpentry, chauffeur). Such work inspired confidence and respect from parents and western Ukrainian youth. It is mentioned about the use of typical army attributes and forms of organization for camps: marching, lifting the flag, reporting and discipline. Opinion that it was a continuation of the plast camps traditions is substantiated. The chain of youth camps of the Ukrainian Central Committee, which covered all Ukrainian ethnographic territory of the General Government, is illustrated. The focus is on the organization's distinctive features compared to the Polish children's camps of this period.
Key words: Ukrainian Central Committee, camp, General Government, sport, fostering.
1. Tsentralnyi derzhavnyi arkhiv vyshchykh orhaniv vlady ta upravlinnya Ukrayiny (TsDAVO Ukrainy) [Central State Archive of Higher Authorities and Government of Ukraine], fond 3959, opys 2, sprava 78, 29 arkushiv.
2. TsDAVO Ukrainy, fond 3959, opys 2, sprava 207, 6 arkushiv.
3. Oddziałowe Archiwum Instytutu Pamięci Narodowej w Krakowie (IPN Kr), 075/11, t. 7 (17/OB), 335 str.
4. ANTONOVYCH, A. (1942) Shkola voli i trudu [School of Will and Labour]. Doroha. 1. P. 16. [In Ukrainian]
5. HORBYNKO, V.M. (2013) Svitova istoriia masovykh «dytiachykh taboriv» [World History of Mass Children’s Camps]. Mizhnarodnyi naukovyi forum: sotsiolohiia, psykholohiia, pedahohika, menedzhment: zbirnyk naukovykh prats. 12. Pp. 268-277. [In Ukrainian]
6. ZELENYY, Z. (1965) Ukrainske yunatstvo v vyri Druhoi svitovoi viiny [Ukrainian Youth during the 2nd World War]. Toronto: [s.n.]. [In Ukrainian]
7. ANON (1942, January) Komunikat. Doroha. 1, p. 16. [In Ukrainian]
8. KUBIIOVYCH, V. (1975) Ukraintsi v Heneralniy Hubernii 1939-1941 [Ukrainians in the General Government 1939-1941]. Chicago: Vydavnytstvo Mykoly Denysiuka. [In Ukrainian]
9. MARTA RIDNA (1942, November) Vatra. Doroha. 11. Pp. 155–156. [In Ukrainian]
10. OFITSYNSKYI, V. A. (2001) Dystrykt Halychyna (1941-1944). Istoryko-politychnyi narys [District of Galicia. Historical and Political Essay]. Uzhhorod: Grazhda. [In Ukrainian]
11. ANON (1942, April) Pro vzhyvannya praportsia chystoty v instruktorskykh taborakh molodi [On the Usage of the Flag of Purity in the Instructor Camps for the Youth]. Doroha. 4. P. 46. [In Ukrainian]
12. ANON (1988) Skorochena istoriia Ukrainskoho Plastu [A Short History of Ukrainian Plast] [Online]. Plastovyi shliakh. 2-3 (85-86). P. 50-58. Available from: http://old.plast.org.ua/history/zahalni/bazhanskyjskoristoruja [In Ukrainian]
13. TATOMYR, V. (1942) V yunatskykh taborakh: zbirka vkazivok, porad i materiialiv na yunatski tabory ukrainskoyi molodi [In the Youth Camp: Compilation of Instructions, Advices and Materials for the Camps of Ukrainian Youth]. Krakiv: Ukrainske vydavnytstvo. [In Ukrainian]
14. TRIL, M. (1942, June) Sportovyi rik [The Sports Year]. Doroha. 6. P. 76. [In Ukrainian]
15. FRAIT, V. (1942, June) Iz tabornoho shchodennyka [From the Camp Diary]. Doroha. 6. P. 77. [In Ukrainian]
16. ANON (1942, October) Tsiohorichni tabory molodi [Youth Camps of this Year]. Doroha. 10. P. 142. [In Ukrainian]
17. SHARKO, M. (1942, March) Z mandrivok reportera [From the Reporter’s Journey]. Doroha. 3. Pp. 28-30. [In Ukrainian]
18. SHARKO, M. (1942, March) Pershyi zymovyi tabir u Pasichnii k. Nadvirnoyi [The First Winter Camp in Pasichna near Nadvirna]. Doroha. 3. Pp. 29-30. [In Ukrainian]
19. SHERSH (1942, July) Do litnikh taboriv [To the Summer Camps]. Doroha. 7. P. 93. [In Ukrainian]
20. SHERSH (1942, November) Pidsumky taborovoi aktsii [The Results of the Camp Actions]. Doroha. 11. Pp. 157-158. [In Ukrainian]
21. YUZYK, S. (n.d.) Plastove vydavnytstvo. Korotkyi ohliad [Plast Publishing. Short Review] [Online]. Ukrainian Plast. Conference of Ukrainian Plast Organizations. Avaliable from: http://plast.org/publishing [In Ukrainian]
22. CHORĄZKI, M. (2017, September) Pod okupacją. Rada hrabiego Ronikiera [Online]. Dziennik Polski. 18. Avaliable from: http://www.dziennikpolski24.pl/aktualnosci/a/pod-okupacja-rada-hrabiego-ronikiera,12490563 [In Ukrainian]