I. Avtushenko, PhD in History, Associate Professor
National Transport University, Kyiv, Ukraine
MEDICAL AND HEALTH RESORT SUPPORT OF THE RETIRED SERVICEMEN OF THE ARMED FORCES OF UKRAINE AND THEIR FAMILIES MEMBERS (1991-2011)
The level and conditions of medical and health resort support for retired servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and their families members from 1991 to 2011 are analyzed in the article on the basis of archival sources and publications. Insufficient budget financing of the medical and sanatorium and resort establishments of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine negatively affected the treatment’s quality of the dismissed or retired servicemen and their families members. In order to improve this problem in military hospitals introduced paid services for the civilian population, and the proceeds went to the needs of the military medical industry. Statistical analysis showed that annually stationary treatment in polyclinics and hospitals of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine was held by more than 30 thousand veterans of military service and disabled people of war.
In the system of medical servicing of servicemen, one of the key roles is given to sanatorium and resort support. It is noted that the reduction in military sanatorium in the early 2000 s negatively affected the provision of sanatorium treatment for pensioners of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine. The distribution of sanatorium and resort vouches between different categories of dismissed servicemen was studied. The procedure for providing and the list of privileges granted to veterans of military service, deficiencies and problematic issues that aroused at that time regarding the medical and sanatorium and resort support of servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine dismissed from military service and their families were determined.
Keywords: servicemen, medical support, sanatorium and resort support, hospital, polyclinic, the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine.
1. Haluzevyi derzhavnyi arkhiv Ministerstva oborony Ukrainy (HDA MOU) [Sectoral State Archive of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine], m. Kyiv, fond 4366, opis 53227, sprava 3, 24 arkushy.
2. HDA MOU, fond 4366, opis 53227, sprava 4, 61 arkushy.
3. HDA MOU, fond 3697, opis 30715, sprava 393, 100 arkushy.
4. HDA MOU, fond 3697, opis 30715, sprava 516, 249 arkushy.
5. HDA MOU, fond 3697, opis 19839, sprava 6, 256 arkushy.
6. HDA MOU, fond 3697, opis 22540, sprava 27, 234 arkushy.
7. HDA MOU, fond 3697, opis 27089, sprava 23, 230 arkushy.
8. BADIUK, M.I., BIBIK T.A., ROMANIUK YU.A. (2008) Stan likuvalno-profilaktychnoi dopomohy pensioneram MO Ukrainy (za danymy medyko-sotsiolohichnoho opytuvannia) [The Conditions of Therapeutic and Preventive Help for Retirees of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine]. Viiskova medytsyna Ukrainy. Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 5-12. [In Ukrainian]
9. BADYUK M.I., HULKO V.M., ROMANYUK YU.A. (2007) Pro stan zdorovia pensioneriv Ministerstva oborony Ukrainy [About the Health Status of Retirees of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine]. Problemy viiskovoi okhorony zdorovia. 18, pp. 17-23. [In Ukrainian]
10. ZATYNAIKO, O. et. al. (2012) Bila knyga – 2011. Zbroini Syly Ukrainy [White Book – 2011. Armed Forces of Ukraine]. Kyiv: Ministerstvo oborony Ukrainy. [In Ukrainian]
11. HOLUB, A.H. et al. (2012) Metodychni pidkhody do normuvannia likarskykh zasobiv u Zbroinykh Sylakh Ukrainy na myrnyi chas [Methodical Approaches to the Rationing of Medications in the Armed Forces of Ukraine during the Peaceful Time]. Problemy viiskovoyi okhorony zdorovia. 33, pp. 260-266. [In Ukrainian]
12. KAMENETSKYI, V. (2012) Zarady ztsilennia – fizychnoho i dukhovnoho [For the Physical and Mental Health]. Narodna armiia. February, 29, p. 6. [In Ukrainian]
13. MELNYK, P.S. (2006) Prohrama rozvytku systemy medychnoho zabezpechennia Zbroinykh Syl Ukrainy na 2006-2011 [The Medical Care System Development Program of the Armed Forces of Ukraine]. Viiskova medytsyna Ukrainy. Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 5-25. [In Ukrainian]
14. HRABOVENKO, I.M. (2012) Parlamentski slukhannia «Pro stan ta perspektyvy rozvytku voiennoi orhanizatsii ta sektoru bezpeky Ukrainy» [The Parliamentary Hearings “About the Conditions and Prospective of the Development of the Military Organization and the Security Sector of Ukraine”]. Kyiv: Parlamentske vydavnytstvo. [In Ukrainian]
15. Pro sotsialnyi i pravovyi zakhyst viiskovosluzhbovtsiv i chleniv yikh simei: Zakon Ukrainy [About the Social and Legal Protection of Servicemen and their Relatives: The Law of Ukraine]. № 2011-ХІІ . [Online] Available from: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2011-12/ed19911220 [Accessed: 10 April 2017]. [In Ukrainian]
16. Pro status veteraniv viiskovoi sluzhby ta yikh sotsialnyi zakhyst: Zakon Ukrainy.  [About the Status of the Veterans of Military Service and their Social Protection: The Law of Ukraine]. [Online] Available from: http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/203/98-%D0%B2%D1%80/ed19980324 [Accessed: 31 January 2018]. [In Ukrainian]
17. ROMANIUK, YU.A. (2009) Hospitalizovana zakhvoriuvanist pensioneriv MOU [The Sickness Rate of the Hospitalised Retirees of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine]. In: Ukrainskyi naukovo-medychnyi molodizhnyi zhurnal: Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference tо commemorate the ‘World Healthcare Day’. 1, p. 87. [In Ukrainian]
18. ROMANIUK, YU.A. (2010) Medyko-sotsialne obgruntuvannia optymizatsii systemy likuvalno-profilaktychnoho zabezpechennia pensioneriv Ministerstva oborony Ukrainy [Medical-Social Explanation for Optimization of Medicoprophylactic Provision System of Pensioners of Ministry of Defense of Ukraine]. Unpublished thesis (PhD in Medical Science), Ukrainian Military Medical Academy, Kyiv. [In Ukrainian]
19. PIASETSKYI, K. (1997) «Tilky reforma upravlinnya mozhe rozvyazaty problemy viiskovoyi medycyny»: [Interviu z heneral-maiorom medychnoyi sluzhby M. Vovkodavom] [“Only the Reform of the Management could solve the Problems of the Military Medicine”: Interview with Brigadier General of Medical Service M. Vovkodav]. Narodna armiia. May, 7. P. 4. [In Ukrainian]
20. SHEKERA, O.H. (2006) Sotsialno-ekonomichni aspekty formuvannia systemy medychnoho zabezpechennia Zbroinykh Syl Ukrainy [The Formation of the System of Medical Supply of the Armed Forces of Ukraine: Social and Economical Aspects]. Kyiv: EKMO. [In Ukrainian]